Need more proof or want to delve deeper into our impact? You can read up on our success stories, search through blogs on the theories and research behind models and programme design, analyse our impact reports and suggest new topics of research.
If you’re a student looking for stats, quotes or case studies on social mobility and the media please feel free to use the resources below and on our dedicated resources page with attribution. Basic information about PressPad and its programmes for publication in the media can be downloaded via our media centre.
If you want to talk to a member of the team about our research and impact you can book a call with one of us or if you want to book us as speakers, or any questions you might have:
Meet our hosts and interns
Theory of Change
Providing subsidised accommodation and mentorship
to aspiring journalists
- Recognise that diversity is not charity and requires investment
- Benefit from guidance on designing an internship that appeals to a wider audience
- Benefit from more diverse applicants (via PressPad networks, and because they can advertise support via PressPad)
- Take on internships that they otherwise would not have been able to afford
- Stay engaged with PressPad alumni network. Some interns build lasting relationships with hosts
- Take on further journalism opportunities (beyond the scope of the pilot)
- Pursue a career in journalism (beyond the scope)
- Learn from their interns
- Speak about diversity (and inclusion) differently and feel that they are making a difference to their profession
- Actively get involved in other mentoring opportunities
Journalists from lower socioeconomic backgrounds enter the industry, and can remain in it thanks to their new support network
Diversification of the pipeline of applicants into the media
An organisation looking to change?
Calling all researchers